If you are admitted to Mon General Hospital, you will be under the care of our expert team of hospitalists during your stay.
What is the hospitalist team?
Our hospitalist team is led by physicians with advanced training in internal medicine, working alongside a skilled group of physician assistants and nurses. The members of this team are specialists in caring for hospitalized patients.
Having the hospitalist team care for you in the hospital helps your primary care physician be more available to you when you are at home. It also ensures that you have excellent medical care available 24/7 while you are in the hospital.
Our hospitalist team provides many benefits:
Some tips for communicating with your hospitalist team
- We keep a close eye on you – Our team will visit you at least once a day, sometimes more, while you are in the hospital. We normally visit between 7 and 11 a.m. You may want to have a family member present during those times.
- We are always here if you need us – At least one member of the hospitalist team is on duty in the hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- To reach us, call (304) 413-0168. (mobile call option) This number is answered 24 hours a day Monday through Friday, and 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. If you need us during the day on the weekend, ask your nurse to page us.
- We coordinate your care – During your stay, we will make sure you get any tests you need, and we will follow up on the results of those tests, adjusting your treatment as needed throughout the day. We will make sure you receive any care you need from specialists or others in the hospital. Our goal is to help everyone work together for your speedy and smooth recovery.
- We communicate with your doctor – We have excellent working relationships with primary care physicians and will communicate with yours before, during, and after your hospital stay. We have full access to your medical records.
- We coordinate your discharge plans – When you are ready to leave the hospital, we will send your hospital records to your doctor, and coordinate follow-up care, medications, etc., with him or her. You will see your regular doctor soon after you leave the hospital.
For more information, call (304) 413-0168
- Make a list of questions, concerns, or problems before the team comes by your room, or ask a family member to help you remember what to ask.
- Write down important information team members share with you, or ask a family member to write it down for you.
- If you have any questions, problems, or concerns – even if you’re not sure they’re important – please share them with us. This helps us provide you with the best care possible.