- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your exam is scheduled. Ask the scheduler what time that is.
Bring with you to the hospital:
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking – name and dosage of each medication, and when you take it.
- Written physician’s order for the exam.
On the day of your exam:
- Wear comfortable, easily removed clothing.
- Come in through the main entrance of Mon General Hospital and go to the Radiology Services registration desk, down the hallway to the right of the main lobby.
- Plan to be at the hospital for approximately one and a half hours.
During your exam:
- You will lie flat on a table, and the technologist will place a cool gel on the area being studied, then will obtain images.
After your exam:
- If this exam was ordered to rule out a blood clot, we will ask you to wait for the results in the waiting room for approximately 30 to 60 minutes while the radiologist interprets it. If possible, we will have your ordering physician give you your results directly.
- Otherwise, to receive your results, contact your physician who ordered the exam.
For more information, call the Mon General Ultrasound Department at (304) 598-1280.