- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your exam is scheduled. (Ask the scheduler what time that is.)
Bring with you to the hospital:
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking – name and dosage of each medication, and when you take it.
- Written physician’s order for the exam.
On the day of your exam:
- Come in through the main entrance of Mon General Hospital and go to the Radiology Services registration desk, down the hallway to the right of the lobby.
- Plan to be at the hospital for approximately one and a half hours.
During your exam:
- The technologist will ensure patient privacy for this exam. You will be asked to lower your pants to your knees. Towels will be used to cover private parts.
- The technologist will apply a gel to the scrotal area and obtain images.
After your exam:
- To receive the results of your ultrasound, contact your physician who ordered the exam. Your technologist cannot give you any results.
For more information, call the Mon General Ultrasound Department at (304) 598-1280.