Bring with you to the hospital:
- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your exam is scheduled. Ask the scheduler what time that is
On the day of your exam:
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking – name and dosage of each medication, and when you take it.
- Written physician’s order for the exam.
During your exam:
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Come in through the main entrance of Mon General Hospital. Women should go to the Women’s Imaging Center on the right side of the lobby. Men should go to the Radiology Services registration desk, down the hall to the right of the lobby.
- Plan to be at the hospital for approximately one and a half hours.
After your exam:
- You will lie flat on a table, and the technologist will place a cool gel on the area being studied, then will obtain images.
- To receive the results of your ultrasound, contact your physician who ordered the exam. Your technologist cannot give you any results.
For more information, call (304) 598-1280